Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hi-Ho, it's off to work I go...

With my recent job change my commute has completely changed. Before I would head north on Hwy. 288 and battle the Pearland and Pasadena traffic. Thankfully I really didn't have it that bad, but compared to now it was rough.

Now, I think I would consider my commute peaceful. The only "traffic jam" I encounter is the intersection entering Richwood. There's a school zone so everyone slows to the marked 35 mph and it kinda clogs up at the intersection, but by clog I mean you have to sit through maybe two lights at the very most, I know get jealous.

I think my favorite part is the scenery. I begin my journey on C.R. 48 which is a road less traveled running parallel to Hwy. 288. This morning was especially nice because there was a dense fog. One of these days I'm going to actually pull over and take some shots with a real camera.

Just as I reached 288 from 48 the sun melted away the morning fog. I was glad of this b/c entering 288 from 48 is a little hectic if you can't see on coming traffic. The rest of the way was just a nice wintry morning drive. Gray skies with shreds of sun light illuminating the patches of fog in the farm land that encompasses 288. I decided to snap some photos on the cell phone to at least give ya a glimpse of what it's like to commute going the opposite direction of the traffic.





























































And for my fellow Lumberjacks, or proud Texans, I pass Stephen F. Austin everyday and throw him the Axe 'Em Jacks, gotta keep it real with ole Stephen F.